[Electronics-talk] FW: TALKS For Verizon Phones

James Aldrich jajkaldrich at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 17:13:46 UTC 2009

Hi John and list,

The Q9C with Talks from Verizon won't be available till the 15th of this
month.  This is known!

The phone has been used with Mobile Speak.  Those who have the phone like it
very much!  It will increase one's accessibility with the phone from the LG
models which are still available.  The only hitch in the past is the phone
doesn't speak while one is on a call.  For example, if you are talking with
someone and a call comes in, you may not hear the caller ID information.
This was the case with Mobile Speak.  I believe now Mobile Windows 6.1 will
be used so this problem may change!  I won't know till people actually have
the phone in hand!  Some have complained about the buttons being tiny but
then it depends on who you talk to.  I personally believe you will greatly
enhance your phone access by being able to read dialed calls, call history,
you can go on line, receive and send Email, text message etc.  You will need
to order on line and the phone with Talks is $249 with $70 rebate.

The Talks software should be available for other phones as well but the Q9C
is the first phone to have the Talks smart phone package which just came out
recently!  It wasn't available a few months ago.

You can go to the Nuance web site and listen to demos on talks.  It sounds
like eloquence used with JFW and Window Eyes.

HTH

Jim Aldrich