[Electronics-talk] ScripTalk

Susan Tabor souljourner at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 4 04:56:49 UTC 2009

Good Evening, List!

I have been reading some about ScripTalk, a prescription medication
identifier and reader; a special tab is put on the bottle by the pharmacist
and it allows the person using the ScripTalk reader to read the information
on the bottle as well as any associated material concerning instructions and
side effects, etc.

I heard that Walgreen's has piloted it and that they my be ready to expand
the areas that will have access to using this device. I think, though I am
not certain, that Walgreen's will purchase the readers which people can use,
rather than the user purchasing the reader him/herself, unless that is
his/her preference.

The ScripTalk reader costs $225 for the user's unit, and the pharmacy by-in
for the bar-code-type tagging system, etc. is $495. Anyone know anything
more about this? Thanks!

Susan Tabor