[Electronics-talk] hd tv

Baracco, Andrew W Andrew.Baracco at va.gov
Thu Nov 5 18:21:07 UTC 2009

The main problem with these units is reception of DTV signal.  Because
of the reduced bandwidth of DTV signals, and because broadcasters are
using much less power to transmit these signals, as opposed to analog
signals, it is unlikely that reception with an indoor antenna will be
acceptable.  I have tried these units, as well as stand alone DTV sets,
all with unacceptable performance with an indoor antenna.  The only
dependable way to receive DTV signals is with an outdoor antenna or via
cable or satellite broadcasting services.

Andy