[Electronics-talk] keyboard logitec mx 5500. how to use it!

Rob Tabor rob.tabor at sbcglobal.net
Sat Nov 21 13:09:22 UTC 2009

Good moarning Randy and fellower listers.

Unfortunately I don't have a solution for your Logitechkeyboard issue, but
as for being able to use JAWS, I suggest you consider activating the
capslock key as a JAWS command function key. This is accomplished via the
following steps:

1. Focus system cursor to the JAWS application window by pressing Alt+tab
until you hear JAWS being announced. If JAWS is runnging through the Windows
System tray press insert+F11 and Type J until JAWS is announced, then press
alt+R to get the context menu.
3. Press alt+O for options.
4. Press Enter on Basics, which is probably the first option.
5. In this dialog box, type alt+L to get a list of keyboard layout options.
6. Type L to select Laptop.
7. Tab to OK button and hit Enter or simply hit Enter to make the change.
>From now on you can use the capslock key to perform JAWS functions. This
will enable you to do anything in JAWS you can do on the number key pad.
Remember also that the Insert key at the top left end of the cluster of 6
keys above the four middle arrow keys between the qwerty keyboard and the
number pad will also enable you to perform JAWS functions, but I find the
capslock key to be an extraordinarily efficient way to perform JAWS reading
and navigation functions.

Sorry I didn't have a solution for you on the logitec, but hopefully someone
on the list will be able to help you with your specific issues.

best regards,
Rob Tabor