[Electronics-talk] National Federation of the Blind andMotorolato Cooperate on Making Cell Phones Accessible to the Blind

Baracco, Andrew W Andrew.Baracco at va.gov
Tue Sep 15 19:43:04 UTC 2009

Basically, with speech enabled, as you run your finger across the
screen, you will hear menu items spoken.  To activate an item you tap
your finger twice quickly on the item.

 Then you will be presented with a new screen based on what that item is
designed to do.  You use the same method of moving your finger and
tapping to make things happen.  As you grow accustomed to the screen
layout, it becomes easier to find the item you are looking for. You
can't activate an item just by running your finger over it, so it is
difficult to do anything accidentally.

Andy