[Electronics-talk] talking check writers

Baracco, Andrew W Andrew.Baracco at va.gov
Wed Apr 21 16:15:39 UTC 2010

But there are just times when you have to write a check.  When I used to
rent, landlords would only accept payment by check.  Also, groups like
bowling leagues, blindness organizations, etc. expected payment by
check.  Also, there are individuals who do not use Paypal or online
banking.  I don't write nearly as many checks as I used to, but still
have to write some.

Many years ago, I was taught a method that involved using a manual
typewriter, and setting up tabs so you could count tabs and rows.  You
had to be precise, and one mistake could screw up everything, but it
actually worked most of the time, and I could check my work with an
Optacon.  Also, there was a typewriter lens attachment for the Optacon
that would allow you to read as you were typing.

Andy