[Electronics-talk] answering machine question.

Grover Zinn grover.zinn at oberlin.edu
Thu Jun 3 16:33:50 UTC 2010

There is an answering machine that we bought a while back called "The
Answer".  It is totally voice controlled, with no buttons at all.
Looks like a "space ship"  (grin)

It sounds a chime regularly (about every minute I think) after a
message has been received.  To hear messages you say "answering
machine"; it speaks a menu; you say "play new" (or whatever else on
the menu you want) and it plays the messages in order.

It cuts an occasional message short (it does that if the speaker
pauses....).  It functions pertty well.  Some messages are very soft.

This may be the kind of thing you are looking for.  Shop around for a
good price.  See the link below (our son found the answerwing machine
for us; not sure where he got it):

http://www.dynamic-living.com/product/voice-activated-answering-machine/

best

Grover Zinn