[Electronics-talk] Satellite Radios

Rob Tabor rob.tabor at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 8 04:36:26 UTC 2010

Hi, Steve and list.
Although I am not at all famailiar with the latest and greatest models of
satellite radio receivers I own a Delphi SkyFi model which downloads streams
from XM and an AudioVox model which downloads streams from Sirius. I have
found the Audio Vox to be a superior model except for the singular
inconvenience of having to run its antenna cable through my kitchen wall to
the rafters of my back deck. This, of course, eliminates any hope of
portability, but is not universally true for everyone. It is just that
Sirius receivers require a northern or western exposure due to the rotation
of its three satellites in a figure eight pattern over the north and Central
Americas.

I have been much less impressed with the SkyFi in spite of its portability
attributable to not having to run the antenna into the outdoors. However,
the remote is less than fully reliable in its operation and its audio output
is lame in comparison to the full bodied sound of the Audiovox.
Hope this helps
Rob "Rock Chalk" Tabor