[Electronics-talk] Comcast

Ray Foret Jr rforetjr at comcast.net
Sat May 22 14:05:32 UTC 2010

Well, I'm glad you've had a good experience with them.  for my part, I've got some issues; but, they seem to be mostly based on the fact that when you first sign up for an account over at:

www.comcast.com

You must use the captcha.  I was able to get around this because in my Windows days, I used Firefox.  Now, of course, if I ever had to use the captcha again, it would be Solona.  The current issue I'm having now is that I cannot access the SAP channel for my local PBS station's high Deff channels.  I've tried to talk to them but they seem unable to understand me.  Every time they change the menu structure of the DVR I'm using, I have to get a truck role out here to figure out what it is.  that should not be the case.  It's not that the local techs don't try, they just don't have the frame work to resolve stuff.  We don't have Docsis 3 in  my area yet, and, frankly, I doubt that the corporate boys in Philidalphia will give it to us very soon at all.  Where ever you are, I'd bet you have better boxes and modems than we do and I might just take this off list with you and ask further questions; that is, if you don't mind.

Thanks.

Sincerely,
The Constantly Barefooted Ray!!!!!

Now a proud Mac user!!!!!