[Electronics-talk] Whirlpool Duet Washer & Dryer

Annette Carr amcarr1 at verizon.net
Sun Oct 3 12:37:56 UTC 2010

I have already contacted Whirlpool.  Yes, they have braille overlays, but
they are not made of a clear material so that sighted family members can
read the print for each button.  So I will be putting my own braille on the
machines made with my labeler and clear label tape.  Although it is clear,
it still can distort the print, so we will look for the best position to put
each braille label.

As far as an accessible manual, I have been able to read the PDF I
downloaded.  However, it does not include a description/list  of all of the
available settings for each cycle.  Whirlpool said that all they have is the
manual.

My only reason for writing to this list was in case someone already compiled
this information and were willing to share it, that would have stopped me
from re-inventing the wheel.

Annette