[Electronics-talk] Recommendations for Laptop using JAWS

Gail Cephas tmi4me2c at aol.com
Mon Aug 8 17:44:10 UTC 2011

Dear Fellow NFBers,

I am finally about to buy a laptop this Labor Day shopping weekend.  I would
like to know if you have any recommendations as far as what kind is more
suitable for a JAWS user (e.g., HP, IBM, ...), and what should be included
in the laptop (e.g., how much memory, additional software, ...) for its
cost.  I currently use a desktop at the office, thus, familiar with
computers.  However, I do not know how to buy a laptop.  Once I buy a
laptop, I am stuck with it for years, and want to do it right the first
time.  I hope to get a "good" laptop for under five hundred dollars.  Is
that amount reasonable?  Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated
before the Labor Day weekend.

Gail
(202) 667-4265