[Electronics-talk] Scanner Frequencies

Sean Paul newsandtraffic at aol.com
Thu Jun 16 20:50:14 UTC 2011

There has been allot of discussion here recently about whether the Home
Patrol can or can not be used by visually impaired users. I for 1 think with
some memorization perhaps some limited use  can be achieved. After you get
some sighted assistance in setting the scanner up. Just my opinion as I have
never actually used one beyond just looking at one very briefly & the
limited reading I have done regarding the radio. Also there has been much
discussion on this list as well as others regarding the use of different
Police Scanners as well as other monitoring devices by those of us who are
blind & visually impaired. It was requested of me to start a list for those
persons who are scanner users. As well as those who are interested in
becoming scanner users in the future. So, after much consternation I have
done just that.
If you are interested in joining the list. Please send a blank email to
Monitoring_Blind-subscribe at yahoogroups.com So as we may conduct discussions
of said devices on that list & keep list traffic to other devices on this
list. Thanks so much. I look forward to seeing you all very soon.