[Electronics-talk] nvda screen reader

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Fri Mar 4 06:18:19 UTC 2011

I've used nvda in the past.  I found the speech good but upgrading I found
problematical as compared to Linux machines like slackware or especially
debian.  But then again nobody can beat its price and the project could
use assistance from more python programmers.  The current version of nvda
at least 2010 or 2011 in its date is even supposed to be compatible with
OpenOffice on the PC too.  Another screen reader to try out though it's
closed source and has fewer updates than nvda is thunder screen reader but
by all means get the August 2011 version.  For beginner screen reader
users thunder is likely to be better than nvda in support though it
doesn't work with OpenOffice.  The bonus with thunder you find on your
system are lots of extra programs it installs all with the prefix word of
accessible.  That one is at http://www.screenreader.net/.On Thu, 3 Mar