[Electronics-talk] nvda screen reader

pienings at comcast.net pienings at comcast.net
Fri Mar 4 06:44:53 UTC 2011

Hi!  I've used NVDA and like it.  In fact, sometimes it does read more
and function more adequately than JFW.  I found that I can use the
Voiceware Paul and Kate voices, and also some SAPI 4 voices, which sound
a little better than Easy Speak, I think it's called.  Sometimes the
SAPI 4 engine crashes, though, and the response time is slow with
Voiceware on my computer.  I'm just so glad that it supports my Handy
Tech Braille Star braille display, as well as the one for the PacMate.
      Jenny
--
Facebook:

hannapaws at gmail.com