[Electronics-talk] Looking for a cheap accessible voice recorder

Frida Aizenman aizenman at earthlink.net
Tue May 17 14:19:24 UTC 2011

I come kicking and screaming onto the 21st century. LOL.
Never before in my life, had I had a digital recorder. As far as I am
concern, for now, the Olympus DM520 Digital Recorder with Talking Menus is
as good as it gets. It costs $195. Give or take, the Milestone 12 costs
$400. The Victor Reader costs $449. Sure, it has more features, but at  the
moment, I don't need more. As the saying goes, "You get what you pay for."
And don't forget that the next time you want the same product, it might not
be around anymore. You no longer can get a Milestone 11 any more. Of course,
that is not all bad, because sometimes you find a better product.
The only thing not accessible on the Olympus DM520 is being able to set the
time and date by yourself. According to the podcast I listen to, and learned
from, the blind community worked with Olympus on accessibility for this
product.
The podcast can be found at:
Blind Cool Tech Podcast

http://www.blindcooltech.com/
and then link on
Olympus DM520 And DM420
Also, if you go to the Olympus Company at:
olympusamerica.com/support
the manual is on a type of PDF that is inaccessible.