[Electronics-talk] Fitted cases

Baracco, Andrew W Andrew.Baracco at va.gov
Thu May 26 17:28:59 UTC 2011

Priscilla,

I believe that a sturdy case provides a valuable service, but I think
that personal responsibility is also important.  Most consumer
electronic devices of this type either don't come with a case at all, or
if they do, the case is usually designed to protect the device from dust
and dirt, and not against dropping or rough handling.  I think that it
is the responsibility of the owner to take good care of your property,
or pay the consequences.  Providing a heavy duty case would increase the
cost of the device, so I think that many manufacturers choose to leave
this matter up to the customer.  I am glad that companies like Executive
Products are here to provide an alternative, should we choose to use it.
I do not believe that being visually impaired automatically means that
you will drop things more often than a person who is not visually
impaired, but if you know that you tend to drop things frequently, then,
by all means, you should consider investing in a sturdy means of
protection.

Andy