[Electronics-talk] Apple and accessibility (was Re: More On the Narrator Radio)

Jim Barbour jbar at barcore.com
Thu Aug 2 04:27:57 UTC 2012

Hey Jude,

I'm not sure I understand your points exactly.

You seem to be saying that able bodied folks should be happy with this model because they're investing in accessibility features that they might be using now or might need as they age.

You also seem to be saying that since Microsoft has been charging everyone for Narrator that this makes it an okay practice.

What I'm saying is that this funding model, selling accessibility features to everyone, only works if your competitors are also building accessibility into their products and funding it the same way.

Jim