[Electronics-talk] descriptive tv

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 13 05:14:31 UTC 2012

Hello,
So did you complain to comcast? I don't see why they couldn't have carried
over the dvs to their new
"little boxes". Yes, seems like things going digital has set back
accessibility. When I was growing up in the 1990s, we had cable, but no
digital tv. It did not exist! Nor did the lovely inaccessible on screen
menus on cable. Now you can scroll down the menu to see what is playing at a
given time, use DVR, use on-demand, and more. These menus are not accessible
to us.
Gone are the days when you only watched say an episode of Dancing with the
Stars at 8pm when it ran; you can often watch reruns on the internet or
on-demand or dvr it if you have that capability. Of course these options
require sighted help. I can operate the remote fine and turn channels; but
someone has to tell me the tv show listings so I know when each show plays;
and if I miss the show and wish to see it on-demand, I got to get sighted
help.

groan.