[Electronics-talk] Accessible Stove/oven

Gerald Levy bwaylimited at verizon.net
Thu Dec 13 20:57:45 UTC 2012

And you don't have to be blind to be harrassed by a landlord.  My landlord
would just love to get me out of my rent-controlled apartment so that he can
rent it to someone else at three times the rent I am currently paying.
Because I am a senior citizen at age 62, I am eligible for a permanent rent
freeze, which, of course, my landlord is not too thrilled about.  So I have
to be very careful not to ruffle his feathers, or else he might dig into his
bag of tricks to try to get me out of my apartment.  I can't really move
elsewhere because I don't happen to have $1.2 million lying around, which is
what the typical Manhattan co-op or condo sells for these days, nor can I
afford to pay $3000 a month for a tiny studio apartment.  And I'm not poor
enough toqualify for Section 8 housing in a run-down, drug and crime
infested city housing project.  And when I ask the local blind rehab
agencies what kind of housing assistance they can offer, their response is
always something like, "Sorry, we're not in the real estate business."  So I
have to make the best of my current situation.

Gerald