[Electronics-talk] Accessible Stove/oven

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 14 17:45:08 UTC 2012

Reece,
Uh, sorry its not that simple.
You should do your homework, yes.
But, as I said before flat stoves are the norm. Now what brand has a stove
top you can still feel the coils?
Name one or more please.
Flat stoves are very common now. So you won't have much choice in your
apartment
selection if you limit yourself to flat stoves.
IMO, the stove isn't the problem as much. it’s the oven!
With digital ovens on the rise, we cannot program them without seeing the
screen.
A stove you can feel the burner's heat and make due with it. But an oven,
you cannot program a screen without looking at it!

Also, reece you have to consider price. Some people cannot just move
anywhere.
Finally, realize that landlords by law should make accomodations such as
replacing an appliance.
They may or may not follow it, but it is on the books.
I was told this by many rehab people when I went to the state center and by
my living skills teacher there.

But ideally if you can afford a place that will have accessible appliances
built in or can agree with your landlord to replace them this is the best
option. Otherwise, you make the most of it and live as Gerald is.
Ashley