[Electronics-talk] Accessible Stove/oven

Shannon Cook SCook at sccb.sc.gov
Fri Dec 14 18:03:16 UTC 2012

Hi,

A lot of the ovens can be marked with Braille or bump dots.  You can increase or decrease the temp by 5 degree increments.  Most of the ovens that My husband and I looked at gave a beep each time the buttons are pressed.  So with minimal adjustment, that too can be overcome.

Shannon Cook, MSW

December is Safe Toys and Gift Month.  The South Carolina Commission for the Blind offer the following tips in when selecting toys for young kids: select age appropriate toys, avoid toys that have sharp, projectile or protruding parts and check to make sure all toys meet national safety requirements.