[Electronics-talk] Accessible Stove/oven

Gerald Levy bwaylimited at verizon.net
Fri Dec 14 18:21:54 UTC 2012

You know the old expression, beggars can't be choosers.   Here in New York
City, landlords really don't care diddely squat what a prospective tenant
thinks.  If a prospective tenant doesn't like the way an apartment is
furnished, then the landlord will simply find somebody else who does.
Landlords always have to clout to get what they want.  A prospective blind
tenant has little or no bargaining position, and in fact, should consider
himself lucky that a landlord will rent an apartment to him at all.  And
don't even think about buying a co-op or condo, because most co-op and condo
boards will reject a prospective blind buyer as "undersirable".  These
boards can reject a prospective buyer for practically any reason.  There was
one case a few years ago in which a woman was allegedly rejected by a co-op
board because she was apparently so ugly that the board felt that her
presence in the building would be a distraction to the other tenants and
would diminish the building's property value.  Can you believe this?  Only
in New York.

Gerald