[Electronics-talk] Fw: return policy for braill super store tinytunes talking mp3 player

Frida Aizenman aizenman at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 20 18:17:39 UTC 2012

Well, I can understand getting emotional or upset about spending your hard
earned money and not get what you want. I probably would feel the same way,
but, I also have to look at the situation in an unemotional, logical way.
What I mean is that, about a year ago, for about 14 dollars, I bought a
talking calculator from a very reputable company that serves the needs in
the blind community. The talking calculator never worked, and no, I did not
break it. In fact, I didn't want to do damage to it, so, without opening the
package, I asked my very knowledgeable sighted cousin to look at it.
In any event, the reputable company did have a return policy. However, by
the time I would think of getting to a post office to mail it back I would
have spent more than half that money trying to return the product. Also, I
didn't want to rush my cousin to come back with the talking calculator. It
didn't seem worth it to me. As it is, she lovingly does lots of favors for
me even though, I am a very independent blind person. She found a good
talking calculator online, and it was not from a place that helps the needs
of the blind. So, I come to wonder, was the MP3 bad, but the store is not,
and I also wonder if, in fact, some people like it and some do not. And the
store said:
"If you need to,  you can always exchange an item you purchase from us for a
different item."
Further more, do we really want to destroy the livelihood of a blind person?
I am not suggesting that we let someone get away with something, but what I
am saying is that the store was willing to exchange the product for
something else.
Think about the world we live in now. First there was Windows XP, which by
the way I still have on my computer, LOL, and then you had Windows Vista,
before Windows 7 came along. Well, Microsoft never returned the money from
people that got Windows vista, which as you know, was a lousy product.
In my day, you could go into a store and buy something, and if it wasn't
what you wanted you returned it because the customer is always right.
In those days, you could not do that in foreign countries, and now, in
America, we are so global! I am not certain where the line is drawn, or what
amount of money would make us go to court.
Cordially,
Frida