[Electronics-talk] Don't make a bad situation worse [was "Re: (no subject)"]

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 03:28:06 UTC 2012

Well, I'm only one user on this list, so don't assume I speak for all
users on this list. If I recall, more people came out in support of your
email than were critical of it.

I'm not sure the message you're referring to was posted with malice. I
have no idea if the person's system was infected with a virus or not or
what his or her motivation was. Either way, if someone posts something
to the list that is off topic for the list or that shouldn't have been
posted to the list then the proper thing to do is to bring that up with
the moderator off list. I myself didn't appreciate getting the original
message, but I also didn't care to see the three messages that followed
on how much they didn't appreciate getting the first message.

If you sincerely wanted to warn the list about a possible malicious link
then I offered several suggestions on how to do that since I certainly
didn't get that from your first message. You're obviously free to
disregard my suggestions.