[Electronics-talk] Cable/settop boxes

Gerald Levy bwaylimited at verizon.net
Fri Jun 15 12:33:32 UTC 2012

Don't waste your time.  The cable companies have absolutely no plans
whatsoever to make their converter boxes accessible anytime soon.  They
don't give a rat's ass about their blind customers as long as they pay their
overpriced cable bills on time.  Panasonic is supposedly introducing some
new TV models with an accessible menu system, but they are not yet available
in the US,and details are sketchy.  So you can moan and bitch all you want
to the cable companies, but in the end, it is the responsibility of the
so-called blind advocacy groups to pressure the cable and satellite
providers to make their converter boxes blind accessible.

Gerald