[Electronics-talk] which phone is really better? The one you choose

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Thu May 31 11:36:51 UTC 2012

I agree with Ray on the whole, however, I don't believe you have to pay
for accessibility on Android phones. Talk Back and Spiel are free screen
readers for Android phones, and Talk Back is included in Android 4.0 and
can be activated with no sighted assistance. Mobile Accessibility for
Android from code Factory is not free but is provided for free by some
of the carriers, Sprint for example.

Also, the Droid is a particular line of Android based phones offered by
Motorola. In his message below, I believe Ray was referring to Android
phones in general and not the Droid from Motorola in particular.

In addition to weighing each person's opinion, also double check the
facts in each post with your own research. Through no fault of their
own, people will tell you what they know, but given how quickly the
landscape is changing, any one person may not have the latest information.

On 31/05/12 06:07, Ray Foret Jr wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> To Lauren,  you ask which phone is better.  According to Tony, and some others, the droid is better than the Iphone.  OF course, they'll give you the reasons they think so; and, they have some good points to make.  Ask me, and I'll tell you the Iphone is better and give you my reasons.  However, you may find that, after considering the reasons to get the Iphone, and the reasons to get the droid, you may like niehter one and prefer something else.  Point is this.  which phone is better is a highly subjective judgement which in the end, only you can make.
>
> You have to pay for accessibility with the droid.  YOu don't with the Iphone.  The Iphone is touch screen, and, some don't care for that.  The droid is touch screen; although, I understand that there are some moddles which feature physical keyboards.  Not sure about that.
>
> In the end, best advice I can give you is consider with utmost care what each proponent has to say about their prefered choice, and then make your own.
>

> Sincerely,
> The Constantly Barefooted Ray!!!
>
> Now a very proud and happy Mac user!!!
>
> Skype name: