[Electronics-talk] NY website Theft

Julie Phillipson jbrew48 at verizon.net
Tue Nov 27 00:17:35 UTC 2012

Good evening all.

Comments on the following are welcome.

If any of you have been to our web site, www.nfbny.org in the last day or two you may have noticed a change.  That web address now points to an eBay listing showing our domain name for sale.  This is certainly not the case.

The address www.nfbny.org was donated to us by a member 9 years ago and that former member has now hijacked the address and is attempting to extort money from us for it's continued use.

The name "National federation of the blind" and "Nfb" and, "nfbny" are trademarks of our organization and, as such, belongs to us.  We are taking whatever steps necessary to secure our web presence.

In the interim, our web site may be accessed through the address www.blindnewyorkers.org and www.blindnewyorkers.com.

The stealing of our web address name also impacts our ability to use any email boxes ending in @nfbny.org.  Any correspondence with the Nfb of New York may be made through Carl Jacobsen's personal email address or through this address, buffnfb at gmail.com.

When donating a house or other asset to an organization, what type of person tried to sell the asset years later?  We are working to resolve this situation and appreciate your patience.

Carl Jacobsen, president, Nfb of ny
Mike Robinson, webmaster
Julie Phillipson