[Electronics-talk] Accessible stereo systems?

Ghost Child myste at cox.net
Sat Oct 20 08:42:30 UTC 2012

Hi All,

     I've been hunting rather fruitlessly for a decent-sized but not large
and elaborate stereo system with quality sound, including subwoofer, that
isn't so digital that a totally blind person can't use it.  A lot of these
systems do have actual buttons, but they change function depending on how
many times one presses them, which is absolutely no help to me.  I'm looking
for a system with detached speakers, (i.e. not a boom box,) a CD player,
radio, a way to play auxiliary devices through it such as an MP3 player or
Victor Reader Stream, and, if possible, a recording cassette deck, though
that I'm willing to do without.  I want something with a good strong clear
sound and quality bass response, not muddy or tinny.

     I have an old Aiwa boom box, but I'm looking for a real stereo system
with speakers I can position separately, including the subwoofer, and that I
can hear properly in something bigger than a dorm room!  Anyone have any
suggestions that won't cost me thousands of dollars and will have
individual, tactile buttons for each feature?

     Thanks for any advice and/or experiences you can share.

Sincerely,
Becky C.