[Electronics-talk] Introducing the new Sansa Clip Zip Talking Mp3 Player, as low as $79.99 + 25% off accessories/45% off MicroSD cards!

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Sun Sep 23 14:35:35 UTC 2012

Good morning everyone,

I believe that Dave Andrews is traveling today so am responding not as the moderator but as one of the volunteers who backs him up.  He may have
clarifying comments when he has a chance.

First, it is a hard and fast rule on all of our lists that moderating is left to the moderators.  If you have a gripe about something that is posted, you write to the
moderator about it and not to the list.  This is Electronics-Talk, not a list to discuss list behavior.  I know that a few of you already know this because
you've been warned on other lists.  It amazes me how such intelligent people have trouble grasping that simple concept.

There is also no room here for personal attacks, and yes, that means snide comments about old technology.  There is nothing in such comments about
someone using a Nokia phone that adds anything to this list.  It simply inflames and adds nothing.

Finally I do not believe there has ever been a rule against occasional advertising.  We would appreciate it if rather than sending a marketing brochure,
persons who have new products would take the time to tell us what is most significant about that product or service.  I know that if someone uses this list
for repeated advertising, we generally ask them to stop, but as you can see from correspondence during the past day, there are people who are interested
in Talking MP3 players.

Let's just move on and leave the moderating to Dave andrews.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson
.