[Electronics-talk] labelling audio cables

Evelyn Weckerly weckerly at i2k.com
Mon Sep 24 18:38:41 UTC 2012

Hi, Gerald and all,

I have read most of the comments that have come so far. Although I
have written down the order of the jacks on everything I have in my
system, I have not attempted to place braille labels on the equipment
itself. Since my pre-amp is going out for service, I'm not going to
attempt to do that. Fortunately, I do not have to deal with home
theater because I just have a really good stereo system. I think
there is probably no easy or quick way out of this. I suspect that I
will have to label each cable at both ends, placing the label on the
left channel part of the cable. I'm spoiled: in the past I could farm
the job out to someone else who knew how to  hook up audio equipment,
but not this time.

Cordially,

Evelyn