[Electronics-talk] GPS in the Big City

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Wed Apr 10 15:49:12 UTC 2013

I work in midtown Manhattan.  I have Sendero GPS, running on a Braillenote
PK.  I find it pretty unreliable in New York City, probably because of the
many tall buildings.  It frequently says I'm 2 blocks away from where I know
I am, and heading in a different direction than I'm heading.  My question
is, does this happen with all GPS in big cities, or is it because the GPS is
running on a PK, not the most powerful system in the world?  Would, say,
IPhone GPS be more reliable in the big city?
I am only interested in the big city aspect.  At home, in north Jersey, the
Sendero and PK work reasonably well.
Thanks.
Tracy