[Electronics-talk] GPS in the Big City

Jim Barbour jbar at barcore.com
Thu Apr 11 14:32:31 UTC 2013

I don't think anybody's map information includes information such as
if there's a sidewalk.  This problem is compounded by a lack of
information about contruction zones, etc.

Apps such as Google Maps will give you pedestrian routes to a destination.
It is then up to us, as it is with a sighted pedestrian, to be aware
of the route and any barriers pedestrians face while getting there.

Jim