[Electronics-talk] safari on the PC can you?

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 04:21:00 UTC 2013

Well, I don't think Microsoft is being hurt much by Safari not being
accessible on Windows, so I'm not sure why Apple would retaliate against
MS that way. The only people who suffer would be the blind, which is
exactly why Safari should be accessible on Windows regardless of what MS
applications are or are not accessible on Apple platforms. By your
reasoning, iTunes shouldn't be accessible either. For that matter, since
Windows Phone isn't accessible, the iPhone should also be inaccessible.

Why do you say MS Office is intentionally not accessible on Apple
platforms? Are you saying that MS specifically coded MS Office to be
inaccessible on Apple platforms and spent engineering dollars to build
inaccessibility into MS Office? I would doubt that's the case myself. I
think it's much more likely that MS just didn't make accessibility a
high priority for the Apple ports of their office suite, just as Apple
probably doesn't consider Safari accessibility on Windows to be a priority.

On 04/14/2013 11:07 PM, Jude DaShiell wrote:
> Yes you can put safari on a pc, and no you can't buy anything from the
> itunes store with it once you've done that.  Reason is, safari on
> windows is inaccessible.  I think it may be a reciprocity policy on
> Apple's part and if so, well deserved.  Microsoft office isn't
> accessible for VoiceOver users on the mac because of the way Microsoft
> wrote it.  So why should Safari be accessible on Windows?  This may not
> have been intentional on Apple's part but it most certainly is
> intentional on the part of Microsoft.
>
> On Fri, 12 Apr 2013, Mike wrote:
>
>>                  Can you put safari on a pc & if yes can you surf the itunes
>> store & buy apps?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Mike

Christopher (CJ)