[Electronics-talk] Identifying Groceries

Sarah Clark sarah at sarahaclark.com
Sun Aug 4 18:00:52 UTC 2013

Hi All,

I have an ID Mate, which I love. It is a stand alone device that I can wave over the bar code of a grocery item and it scans the bar code and tells me what that item is. I have a friend who wants something that does the same thing, but the ID Mate costs $1,200, and she would prefer not to pay that much. I am wondering what other devices are out there that work the same way (by scanning the bar code). Please share anything you are aware of -- iPhone apps as well as stand alone devices.
Thanks,
Sarah