[Electronics-talk] Talking Caller ID for land line

Annette Carr amcarr1 at verizon.net
Sat Aug 10 09:53:56 UTC 2013

For almost 10 years now we have used the Panasonic phones that you can get
at places like BestBuy.  I don't feel that the voice quality is as much as a
problem as what the phone company has programed into their system for the
caller's name.  Between 5-10 years ago I was aware of a Panasonic model that
had a male voice talking caller ID for all incoming calls which included
call waiting.  I think it is part of Panasonic's business line of phones and
cost around $300.

We currently have an AT&T home phone with talking caller ID and I do not
like it.  Plus I do not like the extra big buttons on the phone.  I find
that it makes navigating the keyboard and dialing the phone difficult.  I am
so used to just resting 3 fingers on the 4, 5 & 6 keys and just moving a
finger up or down to get to the needed key.  The buttons on this AT&T phone
are so big that I have to slide my one finger from button to button.

HTH,
Annette