[Electronics-talk] Talking Caller ID for land line

barb o'connor broconnor1972 at comcast.net
Sat Aug 10 17:34:23 UTC 2013

The thing I liked about the original Classco was that if you had the call waiting ID activated, you could fix it so that the voice would come through your handset.  If you weren't on the phone and a call came in, the number came through the speaker.  I know, for the call waiting to work properly, you had to have what, at that time, they referred as Deluxe call waiting activated through the phone company.  I don't think all phone companies had this feature or understood what one was saying so that the unit would work properly.  Mine always worked with Quest and now CenturyLink but I have friends who have never had that feature work properly.

Barb