[Electronics-talk] where to find split headphones?

Brent Harding brent at hostany.net
Mon Aug 12 17:31:36 UTC 2013

Hi there. I will soon be starting a work experience where transcription will
be part of it. They use some kind of device that stores the dictations as
opposed to computer files. Where can I get one of those split headsets where
I can plug one side into the computer for Jaws, and the other into the
dictation machine? The only thing in the ball park I found was a $300
headset from Maxiaids, but by the description, one side is a telephone plug
which probably won't work in my case. I tried to battle this when I was in
tech school, and using an A/B switch didn't work so well because it would
break my concentration too much when I wanted to hear Jaws and forgot why it
wasn't working.
I hope someone makes such a thing, although these separate device ways of
doing things is a dying breed.