[Electronics-talk] 3D Printers

Elizabeth Rene emrene at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 4 05:25:12 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Has anyone looked into the usefulness of 3D printing technology for blind people?

It seems to me that it could be revolutionary.

Could braille be reproduced without an embosser?

Could true-to-life models of objects large and small be produced as toys for blind children to better acquaint them with their environment?

Could blueprints and floorplans be tactilly drawn to help would-be architects and home buyers?

Could stores, malls, and airports  produce up-to-date 3D maps of their interiors to orient potential blind patrons?

I'm astounded by what I hear about this technology, and wonder whether my own imagination of its potential isn't time--bound to the 20th century.

What do you all think?

Thanks,

Elizabeth Rene