[Electronics-talk] Land Phones

Frida Aizenman nfbfrida at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 17:13:25 UTC 2013

Good morning everyone,

I am writing to ask about land phones.

I have two land phones from thirty years ago that recently broke down in
a matter of months from each other, and so, I need to buy new once.

Of course, I am aware of the fact that, nowadays, phones come with
caller ID and many other bells and whistles. I have not decided what I
want, but I tend towards a simple phone, or at least, some kind of
accessible phone with a manual I can read.

I called AT&T, and as ignoramus as they are, they transferred me to the
deaf section despite the fact that I told them I am totally blind. Then,
after apologizing profusely, I was told that AT&T stopped selling land
phones, but that perhaps Wal-Mart or some other store would have them.

Current AT&T stores only sell cell phones.

Can anyone tell me what I can do? It would be much appreciated.

Cordially,

Frida