[Electronics-talk] Transcription software and audio devices for the hearing impaired

Philip Blackmer pblackmer27 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 20:48:33 UTC 2013

Hi everyone.  My pastor is looking for some good dictation software that can
be used when he reherses his sermons to auto-create a transcript.  I know of
Dragon Naturally Speaking, but I was wondering if there was anything that
might better suit his needs.  The IOSS app Dragon Dictate has too many
problems keeping up with him and he has to keep stopping so it can process
the audio input.

Also we have devices that allow members who use hearing aids to connect
directly to the sound system so they can hear the person who is speaking
more easily.  The problem is that for some reason they aren't able to get
them to work.  It seems to be user error, and I wanted to know if there was
something available that is more user friendly and if possible a plug and
play device.  Any input you may have would be greatly appreciated.