[Electronics-talk] accessible dishwasher, refrigerator, and washer and dryer

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Thu Mar 28 13:05:17 UTC 2013

Hi Dave.
I have some magnetic label tape that will stick to any metal surface.  I
think I got it from Independent Living Aids.  I don't know if dishwashers
have metal or plastic where you want the labels, though, and we don't have a
dishwasher to experiment on.

When I needed a new washer/dryer, my husband and I went to PC Richards and
Sears and looked at all of them until we found one that had real buttons
that clicked.  It happened to be the cheapest model, but it does the job.  I
think it's a GE, but I'm not sure.  It's been a few years.
But I think the go-and-look method works well. When you find one that looks
good, write down the model and all, and then you can research online to see
if it's reliable, and tell your condo company that's the one you want.
Tracy