[Electronics-talk] washing machine

Gerald Levy bwaylimited at verizon.net
Sat Nov 9 16:57:42 UTC 2013

Good luck trying to find a washer that still has mechanical controls.
Electronic controls became standard on even the cheapest models about ten
years ago, and I am not aware of any current models that still have
mechanical controls, although you might be able to find a low-end
GE/Hotpoint, Maytag or Whirlpool model that still has them if you search
hard enough online.  Most models have flat touchpads with digital displays
like microwave ovens.  I suppose you can label the various buttons with
tactile markers to more easily locate them, but there is no way to
accurately determine the remaining washing time without using a talking
countdown timer after you set the washer for a particular wash cycle.

Gerald