[Electronics-talk] built in backup software in windows 7

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 26 00:23:42 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I figured I’d ask about this specific software separetly.
Christopher said
“The built in Backup utility in windows 7 seems to be accessible. “
and
“Assuming it's only gotten better since Windows
XP, it's a surprisingly powerful backup solution allowing you to
schedule your backups and use incremental or differential backups.”

Good, Can you say more? What does it backup exactly? Your whole harddrive?
When you say schedule backups, do you mean you can schedule it to backup automatically such as every week on wednesday? Also, I’m no tech expert with all its lingo. What are incremental and differential backups? What is the difference? I assume you can backup to your choice of storage device, like a USB drive or sd card, right?

Thanks.

Ashley