[Electronics-talk] color identifiers

Baracco, Andrew W Andrew.Baracco at va.gov
Tue Oct 15 17:17:01 UTC 2013

I have the Colortest 150 from APH. I have had mine for several years,
and I believe that there is an updated model. It is expensive, over
$600, and since it came out, there are much cheaper ones, but I do not
know anything about them. I have been pleased with the performance of
the device, it's accuracy, and flexibility. It also serves as a light
detector, and can be used in scientific and industrial settings, where
you might need more info than just the basic name of the color. it may
be more than most folks need in terms of functions, but it is out there.
Perhaps others may have info about the cheaper units.

Andy