[Electronics-talk] Learning the IPod Touch

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Sat Oct 26 13:10:49 UTC 2013

I just upgraded my new ipod Touch to IOS 7.
When I was running IOS 6, I was able to open the User Guide, and the first
thing said "VoiceOver users click here".  Now, in IOS 7, I can't find
anything about VoiceOver in the User Guide.
How can I learn to operate this thing?

A friend was trying to help me type on the Touch.  I thought I was supposed
to run my finger over the on-screen keyboard until I found the letter I
wanted, then pick up my finger, but I wasn't getting the results I expected.
All kinds of letters were being put in the edit box, and not usually the
ones I wanted.
I could look it up in the User Guide, if I could type in the search box.
Irony.

In VO Practice, it says I can practice typing, but I can't figure out how to
bring up the keyboard to make that happen.
Help!
Tracy