[Electronics-talk] Looking for a keyboard for my iPhone

Annette Carr amcarr1 at verizon.net
Wed Apr 2 22:59:18 UTC 2014

George,

If you want to continue with the double tap technique of selecting keys on
the on-screen keyboard, you might want to give "Split-tapping" a try.  Touch
the key you think you want, listen to hear if it is indeed the key you want,
if it is the one you want keep your finger on that key and tap some place on
the screen with another finger.  So I use my index and middle fingers for
this technique.  I use the keyboard in portrait layout, and use my right
index finger to find the keys on the left half of the keyboard, and my
middle finger to find keys on the right side of the keyboard.  Once I want
to select the key, I tap the screen with the other finger.  I find that
split-tapping is better than double tapping, especially when in a moving
vehicle.  I also agree that an external keyboard is a good way to go when
typing longer items.

HTH,
Annette