[Electronics-talk] MAC vs PC

Christopher Hallsworth christopherh40 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 19:41:28 UTC 2014

Well I found out today that it is possible to navigate by a certain
element first by pressing the key corresponding to that element then use
up or down to navigate. This is because the web rotor is set to that
element once its key is pressed. Unfortunately this is not the default
behaviour as first QuickNav needs to be activated with left-right, easy
enough, but then you got to configure VoiceOver so that quick navigation
keys are enabled. However there is an alternative which doesn't require
such configuration. Control-option-u brings up the web item rotor. Press
left or right to cycle through the elements, press up or down to see the
items pertaining to that element. This is similar to the links or
elements list found in Windows screen readers.

Christopher Hallsworth
Student at the Hadley School for the Blind
www.hadley.edu