[Electronics-talk] Trekker cases: Why the belt loop is placed where it is?

Chaim B. Segal chaimsegal at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 17 16:08:28 UTC 2014

Hi and good day to all!

Chaim Segal here. I am curious to know if anyone else on here thinks the way I do. Perhaps, I am misunderstanding the point?

I have been using Humanware's Trekker Breeze now for about a year and a half. Humanware's case for this product has much to be desired, and I just purchased myself an Executive Case. I have noticed what I think to be an interesting phenominon. It seems that if you hold the unit the correct way, with the sattellite receiving eye facing upward, the belt clip on either case faces upward. Personally, I find it easier to connect something to my belt if the clip is facing downward. I have tried connecting the unit to my belt with both cases, and find that it does not stay on very well.
Sad to say, I was sorry to discover that the hand strap seems to be the only one for carrying the unit on the executive case. I am borrowing the shoulder strap from the original case, but will eventually have to get a laniard, so that I can comfortably hold it around my neck in the right direction.

Has anybody else had an issue with this?

Chaim

Chaim B. Segal
Customer Service Representative
Sinclair Community College
E-mail: chaimsegal at sbcglobal.net

Every man, woman, every boy and girl,
Let your love light shine, make a better world.
[Daryl Hall & John Oates