[Electronics-talk] looking for good talking clock and timer

Gerald Levy bwaylimited at verizon.net
Sat Feb 1 17:30:34 UTC 2014

Unfortunately,products like the Sharp EL-640 seem to be going the way of the
dinosaur.  There are presently only two or three talking countdown
timer/clocks left on the market.  None of them have all the features you are
seeking.  Maxi-Aids used to sell the Reizen 3 in 1 Super Cube talking clock
with countdown timer which had a talking alarm clock, but it is apparently
no longer available.  The best of the  talking countdown timers still on the
market is probably the one sold by FutureAids, ILA, Maxi-Aids and a few
others.  It is a pocket-sized talking countdown/countup timer with clock.
The timer speaks the elapsed time at regular intervals, but the talking
clock does not have an alarm, nor does it have an hourly time announcement.
It is available from FutureAids for $14.95 with free shipping, which is
probably the lowest overall price you can find it for.  Maxi-Aids sells it
for $9.95 plus shipping.  I use this timer myself to time my workout
sessions.  It operates on two AG-13 button cell batteries which are easily
user replaceable.

http://www.braillebookstore.com/Talking-Timer-Clock.1

Gerald