[Electronics-talk] looking for good talking clock and timer

Fred Wurtzel f.wurtzel at att.net
Sun Feb 2 00:19:14 UTC 2014

Hi,

As Christopher  mentioned, the timer I use is the native iOS app.  It is in
the Utilities folder under Clock.  There are 4 functions in there. The basic
clock for the iPhone which can check times in other time zones.  There is an
alarm clock settable with Siri.  There is the timer which we are discussing,
also settable by Siri.  Then, there is a stopwatch.  I have not used this
but it is an elapsed time counter which can be paused I think it has a lap
timer, also, not sure.

1 feature in the sounds for the timer is a function to stop a running app.
So, rather than having an alarm sounding the app will stop a running app.
So, I set something like Tune In Radio or the Music app when working out.
When the timer stops so does the music or radio program.  This will also
work with BARD or Newsline, etc.

I sure hope you enjoy your new iPhone as much as I enjoy mine.  I sometimes
just smile to think of all the things it does.  It is nearly science fiction
come true.

Warm Regards,

Fred